STAY INFORMED ON UPCOMING EVENTS
DATE AND TIME
Mon, 9 Oct. 2017, 08:00
Wed, 11 Oct. 2017, 17:00
From the 9th to 11th October, the Department for International Trade (DIT) will lead a UK Trade Mission to Malaysia, providing unprecedented access to strategic partners driving Malaysia’s technology growth.
UK companies are invited to showcase their capabilities to a growing Asian marketplace with bespoke 1-2-1 meetings with potential partners and market experts, exclusive networking events, and site visits in Iskandar, Johor.
The Mission will comprise the largest ever delegation of UK technology companies to Malaysia, with over 40 companies signed up already. Together with leading industry players in the market, DIT Malaysia has identified opportunities in a number of sub-sectors in Malaysia that match UK strengths: connected IoT (smart technologies); data analytics; cyber security (information security); e-commerce; cloud; fintech; AR; VR; AI and telecommunications.
Participation will provide a unique opportunity to:
- Meet and network with leading industry players in Malaysia
- Explore business prospects in Malaysia and UK
- Drive forward innovation, R&D, talent partnership and funding opportunity
- Participation in the trade mission is free but flights, accommodation and all travel costs must be met by participants
The three-day Mega mission programme will include:
- Two-days of business-matching sessions in Kuala Lumpur.
- The formal VIP networking evening reception and DIT UK technology awards ceremony (Day One), hosted by the British High Commissioner and attended by leading industry players and tech stakeholders in Malaysia.
- An evening networking reception (Day two) hosted by Invest Selangor at the palace of Sultan Selangor. Approximately 250-300 Malaysian companies will also be invited to meet with UK companies participating on the mission.
- A visit to Johor, primarily focusing on Smart Cities opportunities and the Iskandar region – delegation will be hosted by Chief Minister of Johor.
For further information, please contact Alia.Jaafar@fco.gov.uk
1st September 2017: Final cut off for UK company participation application. This is an early cut-off date due to the high level of marketing collateral needed to be produced for both company stand and wider event and venue marketing material. This final cut-off date is subject to change should the Mission capacity of 50 companies be reached prior to 1st September, and a ‘soft’ cut-off has been predicted for 18th August. If you are interested, don’t delay!
Please register here and use the following password: trademission1 (case sensitive)
For those attending the Trade Mission, there is a briefing webinar being held on Monday 2nd October, 10-11 AM BST. While not compulsory, this briefing will provide a lot of valuable information about the trip and provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions you might have.
You can register for the webinar here.