REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
UKABC’s Forum on Vietnam’s Chairmanship of ASEAN for 2020 will provide insight into Vietnam’s aims as Chair of ASEAN and a discussion on UK priorities for engaging ASEAN.
Vietnam joined ASEAN in 1995 as its 7th member. Since then, due to ‘Doi Moi’ reforms and significant global economic integration, Vietnam is now one of the fastest-growing economies in the world with 7% GDP growth.
Vietnam’s 2020 Chairmanship will mark 25 years as a member of ASEAN and they have chosen the theme of ‘Cohesive and Responsive.’
The theme of the 2020 ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (ABIS), held in Hanoi in November 2020, is ‘Digital ASEAN for Sustainable Development’.
- Welcome remarks by Patrick Nolan, Vice Chair, UKABC and Global Head of Corporate Banking, HSBC
- Baroness Lucy Neville-Rolfe, Chair, UKABC
- Address by Tran Ngoc An, Ambassador of Vietnam to the UK on Vietnam’s Chairmanship of ASEAN 2020.
Panel Discussion followed by Q&A on:
‘What to watch out for in SE Asia in 2020? What should the UK Priorities be for ASEAN 2020 and beyond?’
- Helen Brand OBE, Chief Executive, ACCA
- Richard Graham MP, Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and the ASEAN Economic Community
- Dr. Douglas Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC
- Sam Myers, Deputy Trade Commissioner-ASEAN, DIT
- Anna Yerokhina, Director, International Stakeholder Engagement, Pearson
- Moderated by Oliver Cornock, Editor-in-Chief, Oxford Business Group
Refreshments and Networking
This event is for UKABC Partners and invited guests. To express an interest in partnership please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Will Vietnam’s 2020 ASEAN Chairmanship Play Out? By the Diplomat
- Việt Nam ready for ASEAN Chairmanship 2020 by Viet Nam News
- In the Driver’s Seat – Vietnam’s priorities as ASEAN Chair 2020 by Asia Link