This policy sets out how we will treat and protect your personal information. Please note that we may update it from time to time.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation;
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
3. Information provided when you register with us;
4. Information provided when you subscribe to our website services and email notifications;
5. Any other information that you may send us via our website or our business premises.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UKABC collects and securely stores information about individuals purely for its own business purposes and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 or the relevant national legislation on data protection.
We will not pass this information to any third party unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes, other than to those providing a service on our behalf in connection with our business. We may contact you occasionally about events, new products or promotions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you do not wish to receive such information.
Any information you submit will be retained by UKABC for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the website.
Information that you may submit through any communications system that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
Personal information submitted via this website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or on relevant parts of the website. Any or all of your personal information may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, information held about you may be used by us for the following reasons:
1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
5. To notify you about changes to our service;
6. To provide third parties with statistical information about our web users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
7. To maintain internal records.
Where you submit personal information for publication, we will only publish and use that information in accordance with the terms of the permission you grant us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
If the website contains links to other websites we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We may also disclose your personal information:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
5. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
The UK-ASEAN Business Council are unable to provide refunds for tickets bought for events.
If your personal information needs to be updated please contact us.