- Market Access Survey on Thailand
Market Access Survey on Thailand
DO YOU HAVE A SUCCESS STORY?
We’d like to hear from you.
Market Access Issues of British Businesses Operating in Thailand
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is currently undertaking a review of market access barriers faced by British companies exporting to Thailand. This initiative explores the current trading relationship between the two countries and investigates the challenges and opportunities for British businesses in Thailand.
This review will provide an understanding of how Thailand’s legislations and regulations impact on the ability of UK businesses to navigate the market. It will also assist DIT in understanding any specific tariff and non-tariff measures and how they may affect businesses in various sectors.
To help provide input into this review, we would be grateful if UK businesses who export to and invest in Thailand could please complete the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZGYLBRZ – we estimate that the survey will take you no longer than 8 minutes to complete. The survey closes on the 6th of September.
The findings will help underpin the work that DIT is currently conducting with the UK-Thailand Trade Policy Review and help define what the future trading relationship with Thailand will look like.
Thailand Fast Facts:
- In 2018 the Thai economy posted the highest growth rate in six years, at 4.1%, despite external shocks to trade and tourism.
- Thailand is the 8th largest economy in Asia with a GDP of £416bn and a population of 70m.
- Thailand is chair of ASEAN 2019 and will host the ASEAN Summit in Bangkok this November.
- UKABC will take part in the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit held in conjunction with the leaders’ Summit. To register an interest in finding out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.