REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Fri, 5 Jun. 2020, 00:00
Fri, 5 Jun. 2020, 23:59
About the award
UK businesses who also have an office registered in Singapore are entering the UK Exporter of the Year category in the British Chamber of Commerce Singapore’s 21st Annual Business Awards. The awards attract senior and c-suite business leaders to a Gala Awards Dinner, which is also attended by a Ministerial Guest of Honour and the British High Commissioner. Depending on the Guest of Honour and their speech, it often attracts media coverage.
As the longest-running awards initiative by an international Chamber in Singapore, the organisers are encouraging all Singapore-registered organisations to take this opportunity to tell their own good news story and focus on the positive achievements of their teams. There are ten categories in all, but this special category for exporters has the most alignment with businesses who may primarily be UK-based.
Eligibility for entering the award
- Companies do not need to be a member of the Chamber.
- There is no cost to enter. If the company has representatives in Singapore the organisers would expect them to purchase tickets at a special price to attend the Gala Awards Dinner planned for 29th October, however, with this category, the organisers anticipate potentially having to have an acceptance speech by video instead of on stage.
- This category is awarded to a UK business with expanded operations in Singapore/ASEAN within the past 3 years (by 6 April 2020).
- Applicants must provide evidence of export developments and how these exports have aided their business plans. Businesses must be headquartered in the UK with a Singapore-registered entity.
- Entry is by the completion of a simple online form found on this link and uploading no more than a one-page supporting document.
- Entrants may also submit a video by URL but this is not mandatory.
Entries are scheduled to close on 5th June 2020. Full details and frequently asked questions can be found on the awards webpage below. For further information on the calls to entry, the awarding process and the awards event itself, please contact:
Head of Marketing, Communications & Partnerships
Deputy Executive Director
British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
Phone: +65 6718-0535