REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Wed, 7 Oct. 2020, 00:00
Wed, 7 Oct. 2020, 23:59
About this virtual trade mission
The Department for International Trade is inviting innovative businesses who are experienced in exporting and looking for new markets in digital, technology and associated services to participate in this first-ever Northern Powerhouse virtual trade mission to Indonesia.
Indonesia is the fourth biggest country in the world, both in terms of population size and number of active Internet users (World Bank 2018 data). With an Internet economy expected to reach US$ 130 billion by 2025 (e-Conomy SEA 2019 report) Government’s ambition is to achieve Industry 4.0 resulting in the need for Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data and cutting-edge technology for implementation across all sectors.
Digital technology opportunities identiﬁed:
- In food and beverage, customised healthy food and beverage products, digital tools to reduce material waste, and digital platforms to integrate sales channels.
- In automotive, electric, hybrid, and autonomous vehicles; AI for decision-making in production processes; quality control and predictive maintenance; and the use of big data for quality veriﬁcation and traceability.
- In textiles and clothing, new products with digital features such as heart rate and distance monitoring, e-commerce platforms; and virtual 3D modelling for optimization of industrial processes.
- In electronics, automatic domestic lighting products; security and energy-efficiency systems, health-care mobile applications; and real-time data for smart agriculture.
- In footwear, “smart products” such as shoes with automatic size adjustment, and e-commerce platforms for direct communication with suppliers and customers.
(Source: Innovate Indonesia, March 2020 by Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia and ADB)
What are the benefits?
Selected participating delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Receive extensive support before and throughout the mission
- Gain access to key industry professionals
- Attend a pre-mission briefing, screen pitching session and webinar on 12 August
- Access a bespoke 1-2-1 business matchmaking programme with potential local partners
- Attend a plenary session after the virtual mission to exchange peer to peer best practices
Join this Northern Powerhouse virtual mission to get a guided insight into these important sectors in Indonesia, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
- Pre-mission briefing: 16 September 2020
- Mission date: 07 October 2020
- Details to be confirmed
Companies will be selected in a competitive process and must be from the Northern Powerhouse Region (NW, Y&H, NE).
There is a registration cost of £50 plus VAT per delegate to join the mission.
For further information on this virtual trade mission and others, please contact the Department for International Trade by following the instructions on this link.